Do you have a Working and Caring issue amongst your staff?
Over 3 million people juggle care with work, however the significant demands of caring mean that 1 in 5 carers are forced to give up work altogether. (Carers UK)
Have you got experienced staff suddenly going absent? Are they:
- Tired, distracted, can’t concentrate and not their usual productive selves?
- Constantly nipping out to make or receive phone calls?
- Taking more sick leave than is usual for them?
- Going absent at short notice?
One reason could be they have Elder Care Responsibilities and Challenges at Home
They may manage or provide Care for an Elderly Relative and are stretched between their home and work responsibilities with an impact on your business if they are not coping well.
They may be in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s and are experienced, skilled employees. They may have additional responsibilities such as their own “children” (young adults at home) and grandchildren.
- There will be a significant financial and organisational impact for your business if others have to cover for them
- The financial and productivity impact of them resigning due to not coping and becoming a full time Carer is also significant. You will need to recruit to their position.
- It costs 19% on top of the salary costs to replace a member of staff.
- This won’t be easy if they are very experienced.
- You will lose their skills, knowledge and experience.
Do you know what the cost is to your business?
Do you know what you could do to maintain your productivity by helping any your staff affected by Care Responsibilities to stay in post?
Answer – Contact Me for a chat and we can take it from there.